I loved the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day as a child. It was one of my favorites. I actually wrote my application paper for the honors program at my college on it. (It was perhaps a little overly gutsy, and I got wait-listed.) Right now I’m thinking it would also be perfect for my (slightly melodramatic) first-grader.
But, today I am having one of those days! It started off with three hours in a dentist chair.
We encourage our son to think of things he’s thankful for when he gets into a grumpy mood, so now it’s my turn:
1. I am thankful to have easy access to good quality dental care. (So conveniently located, in fact, that you could walk there – see #3!)
2. I am thankful for great benefits through my husband’s company – awesome health, vision, DENTAL, and even adoption benefits!
3. I am thankful for my sweet husband who worked from home this morning so I could go to the dentist. AND, who, when I accidentally took my own car this morning (with all of the carseats), WALKED with all three kids to the dentist to get the car and still got our oldest to school in uniform, with lunch, and on time! And he wasn’t even grumpy about it. (I could take a page from his book, huh?)
4. I am thankful for children who are usually good sleepers. Even though they woke up at exactly imperfect intervals last night, I am usually well-rested, and I don’t want to take that for granted.
5. I’m so thankful that God’s mercies are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:22-23) Tomorrow I will get a totally fresh start. Hallelujah!