The end of last week and the weekend were crazy busy, so I hadn’t checked on anything in a few days. Yesterday, I had a fun surprise in my inbox – Momto3Sugars from the blog What God Has Called Us To Do nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you! She and I are at just about the same place in the adoption process, so it’s exciting to keep up with her stories about life and adoption.
As part of the award, I’m supposed to share 7 random tidbits about myself. Here goes:
1. I met my husband when we were 14. (You can read more about that here!)
2. I kicked a field goal at halftime of a football game in college and won $500.
3. I really don’t like most cooked vegetables.
4. My favorite song right now is New Life Worship’s, “Great I Am.”
5. My favorite colors are turquoise and purple.
6. All of our kids have a Bible name (first and/or middle).
7. My favorite place on earth is Camp Riverbend, where I grew up going to church camp. Our oldest will get to start going there in a couple of years, and I’m so excited!
I also get to nominate 7 other blogs for the award! Here are some blogs I have really enjoyed reading on various topics (okay, mostly adoption):
You can choose to accept or not, but here are the guidelines for One Lovely Blog Award:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 or more blogs with the award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5. Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.